- Maintain the store’s appropriate inventory levels to ensure that it meets customer needs and is aligned with budget.
- Ensure that our customers’ needs and expectations are met on a consistent basis.
- Ensure that the physical appearance of the store is maintained and that all equipment is in excellent working condition.
- Control inventory losses through proper controls and notations.
- Control expenses and payroll.
- Ensure that the store is properly opened and closed in accordance with company policy.
- Complete all paperwork reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Resolve customer issues in a proper and efficient manner.
- Understand and utilize various business reports to identify sales, gross margin, and expense control opportunities.
- Maintain a complete understanding of the company’s purchasing policies and procedures.
- Ensure that commercial accounts are properly set up and administered.
- Active involvement in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of store personnel.
- Must ensure that all store employees have a working knowledge of various products. When necessary, develop training programs.
- Must ensure employees deliver excellent customer service to our patrons.
- Encourage a viable team-oriented working environment through good communication.
- Ensure that the store is properly staffed at all times.
- Appropriately train and coach employees to achieve highest level of performance and customer service
- Conduct periodic performance reviews for the purpose of assessing employee performance. When necessary, must also administer disciplinary action in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure that the store complies with all federal/state regulations and company policies including, but not limited to: ADA, EEOC, Workers Compensation – Wage & Hour, Sexual Harassment, etc.
- Responsible for the coordination of the sales efforts associated with the store.
- Responsible for the development and deployment of local marketing strategies.
- Responsible for attaining the budging sales forecast through effective marketing of products in the store.
- Develop new accounts and increase sales of current accounts through a targeted sales initiative.
- Ensure employees are properly trained on selling techniques.
- Requires a two- or four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Effective financial planning and management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum of 2 years retail experience, preferably industry related.
- Background in outside and/or inside sales.
- Job involves a wide variety of tasks including bending, lifting, and sitting. Individual must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Individual will usually be required to work more than 40 hours per week.
Position is Salaried