CPS Energy Helps You Fall Into Energy Savings
November 22, 2016
The cool autumn breeze feels good after a long, hot summer, but it’s also a reminder of the cold weather that is to come. Here are some actions you can take to keep your heating cost from piling up like the leaves in your front yard.
- Set your thermostat between 68 and 70 degrees, when you’re home.
- Check for attic air leaks – around recessed light fixtures, wiring and pipes and seal with caulk or expandable foam.
- Find out if your attic and walls are insulated to the recommended levels. A qualified insulation contractor can help.
- Install a Wi-Fi programmable thermostat to save energy and stay comfortable by easily monitoring and adjusting home temperatures from your mobile device.
- Seal windows with caulk and install weather-stripping around exterior doors.
- Hire a qualified contractor to inspect and clean your home heating system. This will help ensure that the system is operating at peak efficiency.